Activities have been provided
for those interested in looking into topics in more detail. These a suggestions--and
we welcome any ideas that teachers have for other activities that they
find help them explore topics in more detail.
Suggested Activities for Becoming a Coach
- Have someone videotape you while you coach groups.
Analyze the group dynamics. Analyze your effectiveness as a coach. What
areas are your strengths? What areas need to be polished?
- Have someone observe you as you coach groups. Provide
the person with ideas of things to look for prior to the observation.
- Audiotape your interaction with a group. Analyze the
group dynamincs. Analyze your effectiveness as a coach. What areas are
your strengths? What areas need to be polished?
Suggested Activities for Developing & Using a Pacing Guide
- Share the location (URL) for your pacing guide online.
Look at others' guides for additional ideas on developing a pacing guide.
Suggested Activities for Asking Good Questions
- Over the course of a week, record questions that you
ask students and their responses in your journal.
- Do you notice any patterns arising?
- Are you asking higher level thinking questions,
metacognitive questions, probing questions, or divergent
- What questions seem to be the most successful
with your students, and why?
- What are some examples of "good questions"?
- Share your reflection with others.
- Participate in a sychronous online discussion (chat)
about asking good questions.
- Organize a time to meet on KIDSPACE's chat area,
C2D's chat area, or the KIDLINK IRC.
- Copy the discussion and post it on IHAD-COORD.
Suggested Activities for Using Interactive Tools
- Participate in online chats on each of the chat areas
of KIDLINK: KIDSPACE's chat area, C2D's chat
area, or the KIDLINK IRC.
- How could you integrate an online chat into other
areas of your teaching?
Suggested Activities for Planning Assessments
- As you develop assessments for the IHAD project, share
them with others on IHAD-COORD
- Develop assessments with your students, share these
Lesson Activities Timeline |
Additional Suggested Activities
| Wrapping It