For students who have graduated or will soon graduate from high school or receive a GED, and who have not enrolled in another college or university after graduating from high school or earning a GED.
For students attending or who have attended other universities, colleges, and community colleges who are looking to transferring to the University of Texas.
For students currently attending the University of Texas at Austin who are looking into transferring to the College of Education.
Because of the heavy demand for access to some of the majors in the College of Education, there are specific GPA requirements that a student must meet in order to transfer. Students interested in transferring to the College of Education must meet the requirements set by each degree program.
Applied Learning & Development:
- Students with less than 45 semester hours who are interested in the Applied Learning and Development teacher certification majors (ESL Generalist, Bilingual, or Special Education) may transfer into the College of Education with any GPA.
- Students with 45 or more semester hours must have at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA to transfer into the College of Education
- Students interested in the Youth & Community Studies major must have a 2.0 at the time of submitting the college transfer form regardless of the number of semester hours they've completed.
For more information about transferring into an Applied Learning and Development degree, attend one of the Internal Transfer Information Sessions or call (512) 471-3223 to schedule an appointment.
Dates for the Transfer Information Sessions in Spring 2014 are:
- Thursday, January 23 at 4pm in SZB 216
- Tuesday, February 18 at 4pm in SZB 286
- Wednesday, March 26 at 4pm in SZB 216
- Thursday, May 1 at 4pm in SZB 216
Athletic Training and Kinesiology & Health Education:
- Students with 36 or more attempted semester hours (UT plus transfer hours) at the end of the current semester must have a 3.0 or better overall UT GPA.
- Students with less than 36 attempted semester hours (UT plus transfer hours) at the end of the current semester must have a 2.0 or better overall UT GPA.
Beginning Sept 10, 2013, a 3.0 overall UT GPA will be required for internal transfer students hoping to enter the KHE department
If you do not have the required GPA according to your total hours, you will not be allowed to transfer into the Kinesiology and Health Education Department. If you are eligible, and want to more information about transferring into Kinesiology and Health Education, attend one of the Internal Transfer Information Sessions or call (512) 475-6146 to schedule an appointment.
Dates for the Transfer Information Sessions in Fall 2013 are:
- Thursday, January 23 at 4pm in BEL 1005
- Tuesday, February 18 at 4pm in BEL 1005
- Wednesday, March 26 at 4pm in BEL 1005
- Thursday, May 1 at 4pm in BEL 1005