The Department of Special Education is recognized as one of the most outstanding in the nation, consistently ranked among the top 5 according to US News and World Report. We invite you to explore our website and discover the exciting training and research opportunities we have to offer.
Recent Grant Awards
- Powell awarded $3 million grant to study math difficulties in 3rd graders
- Vaughn receives $3.5 million grant to improve literacy, prevent dropout with at-risk English learners
- Cooc awarded grant to study the effects of summer vacation on students with disabilities
- Bryant awarded $1.2 million grant to examine preparation of doctoral scholars in learning disabilities and behavior disorders
- Cho and Colleagues Win Award for Journal’s Best Research Article of 2015
- Powell Receives Award for Best Practice Article
- Lemons Receives Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists
- A Small World Has Enormous Benefits for Autism Research
- more news
In the Spotlight
Meet our Faculty
The Department of Special Education is now accepting applications for graduate programs for the 2016-2017 academic year. Click HERE for application information and upcoming due dates.
The Department of Special Education is recruiting doctoral applicants to the research to practice: Leadership in Multi-tiered Systems of Support for Students with Learning Disabilities and Emotional/Behavioral Disorders Project
New Masters Degree in Special Education. Click HERE for more information.
Financial support is available at the Department, College, and University levels. Click HERE for more information.
Dept. of Special Education announces new program: Master’s of Education in Special Education and Post-Baccalaureate Special Education Certification
Department of Special Education invites applicants for an open rank faculty position
The Rehabilitation Counselor Education Program is recruiting Master's level applicants and has scholarships available for Master's level students from the Rehabilitation Services Administration
UT Austin Dept. of Special Education recruiting doctoral applicants to National Center for Leadership in Intensive Intervention Project