School Psychology Master's Specialization
Our MA (Specialist in School Psychology, MA/SSP) program is designed for students who want (or think they may want) to obtain a PhD in the future but wish first to gain experience as a researcher or as a Licensed Specialist in School Psychology (LSSP).
Students complete the same curriculum and other requirements as doctoral students in the first two years of our excellent scientist-practitioner program. Students engage in school-focused practicum beginning in the summer of Year 1 of training. Students are well-prepared for school-based internships in their third year, and for subsequent licensure (LSSP) and employment as school psychologists. Completion of the MA/SSP also prepares students well for admission to our or others’ doctoral programs in school psychology, while or after they gain practical experience as a specialist in school psychology.Application deadline for Summer/Fall 2016 admission is January 10, 2016.
Interview date is scheduled for February 5, 2016.
Area News & Events
- Educational Psychology Ranked in the Top Ten by US News & World Report
- Texas Child Study Center’s Doctoral Program Receives Accreditation
- Beretvas Honored with Dean’s Distinguished Teaching Award
- Bearman and Rodriguez Join Educational Psychology Faculty
- Elizabeth Walsh Accepted to NDACAN 2014 Summer Research Institute
- more news
About Our Area
- Program Suitability
- Area Goals
- Commitment to Diversity
- Required Courses
- Practicum Training