Welcome to the UT Counselor Education website where you can explore how our program can become the next step toward your rewarding career as a counselor. We specialize in preparing counselors to work in a variety of roles within academic settings, including schools (K-12) and post-secondary educational institutions (community colleges, colleges and universities). We emphasize both individual and systemic approaches to help counselors create innovative prevention and intervention programs. We hold a core value of enhancing learning in a multicultural and pluralistic society. In this program, you can expect highly personalized training while benefiting from a wide range of academic opportunities available at a major research institution. Visit the links below for additional details and answers to frequently asked questions.
The application deadline is February 10, 2015. Applicants invited for an interview should expect it to take place on March 6, 2015.
Area News & Events
- Educational Psychology Ranked in the Top Ten by US News & World Report
- McCarthy Awarded $50,000 Spencer Grant to Study Teacher Stress
- Beretvas Honored with Dean’s Distinguished Teaching Award
- Cokley Named Director of UT’s Institute for Urban Policy Research and Analysis
- Rochlen Delivers Commencement Address for College of Education
- more news
About Our Area
- Area Goals
- Diversity Training
- Higher Ed Counseling & Student Affairs
- School Counseling
- Required Courses
- Licensure & Certification