Welcome to the UT Counselor Education website where you can explore how our program can become the next step toward your rewarding career as a counselor. We specialize in preparing counselors to work in a variety of roles within academic settings, including schools (K-12) and post-secondary educational institutions (community colleges, colleges and universities). We emphasize both individual and systemic approaches to help counselors create innovative prevention and intervention programs. We hold a core value of enhancing learning in a multicultural and pluralistic society. In this program, you can expect highly personalized training while benefiting from a wide range of academic opportunities available at a major research institution. Visit the links below for additional details and answers to frequently asked questions.Application deadline for Summer/Fall admission is January 10, 2016. Interview date is scheduled for March 4, 2016.
Area News & Events
- Counselor Ed Students Recognized with APA Fellowships!
- EDP jumps from 10th to 5th rank in publics, 6th overall in US News & World Report
- Educational Psychology Ranked in the Top Ten by US News & World Report
- McCarthy Awarded $50,000 Spencer Grant to Study Teacher Stress
- Beretvas Honored with Dean’s Distinguished Teaching Award
- more news
About Our Area
- Area Goals
- Diversity Training
- Higher Ed Counseling & Student Affairs
- School Counseling
- Required Courses
- Licensure & Certification