All faculty & staff must submit a Travel Request Form prior to any absence from regular duties.

A Step-by-Step guide for travel is below, or scroll down to see Travel Topics & Resources.

Travel Step-by-Step Guide:

STEP 1:  Who will be paying for the trip?

If using a UT account, you will need the account #. Kim Cates can help if you’re not sure which to use.

STEP 2:  Fill out a Travel Request Form and "Assign" it to Kim.

Using a Faculty Travel Grant? If so, you’ll need to complete an FTG Application as well (and assign to Kim).

STEP 3:  EDP will obtain approvals and contact you with any questions. When approved, you’ll receive a notification email with your RTA and DOC ID #s.

STEP 4:  Book your travel!

Flights & Rental Cars: If a UT account will be used to pay for the trip, we highly recommend booking via UT’s Concur system or by calling one of UT's Travel Agencies so the charges can be direct-billed to UT. You’ll need your RTA and DOC ID #s from your confirmation email to do this.

Note: you can be reimbursed for flights booked through the airline (online only) or rental cars, but note that reimbursement occurs after travel. Flights booked through non-UT travel agencies are not reimbursable.

Hotel: Lodging is reimbursement-only.

STEP 5:  Once you’ve returned to UT, submit your itemized receipts to Kim for processing.

Note: We recommend travelers set up Direct Deposit for reimbursements. This is separate from payroll Direct Deposit.

Travel Topics & Resources:

Cost-Cutting Tips

Faculty Travel Grant Program
If using the Faculty Travel Grant, both the Faculty Travel Grant application as well as the standard Travel Request Form must be submitted.

International Travel
Per the Chancellor's 2010 directive, any international travel reservations made through sources other than Concur or a contract UT agency (Anthony Travel / Corporate Travel Planners) must be entered by the faculty member into the ISOS database.

Submit a Travel Request
A Travel Request FOrm must be submitted in advance for each absence of a faculty member from his or her regular duties (HOP 7.28).

Travel Request Form instructions/help menu

Travel Management Services (TMS)

Contact TMS

Concur Login

Travel Planning

Traveler Profiles
Traveler profiles expedite the reservation process and keep you from having to give the same basic information each time you make a reservation. You should create a profile for every traveler you plan trips for and make sure the university’s contracted travel agencies have updated versions of these profiles on record.

Travel Reimbursements Policies & FAQ

Travel Request Policies & FAQs

Last updated on March 23, 2015