School Psychology Doctoral Specialization
The first APA accredited program in the nation (1971), and reaccredited for seven years in 2014, the School Psychology Program at UT Austin uses the scientist-practitioner model to prepare PhD psychologists to understand and enhance the development of children and adolescents in context. Education and training includes strong preparation in the academic foundations of psychology, in the research skills essential to the contribution of new knowledge, and in the competent and ethical professional practice of assessment, intervention, and consultation. Our graduates are employed in colleges and universities, school systems, mental health and child guidance centers, medical centers, and independent clinical practice. The program has a comprehensive and interdisciplinary perspective and is acknowledged as an exemplary model of doctoral training in school psychology.Application deadline for Summer/Fall 2016 admission is December 1, 2015.
Interview date is scheduled for February 5, 2016.
Program News & Events
- Educational Psychology Ranked in the Top Ten by US News & World Report
- Caemmerer, SP Student, Awarded Hyman-Lambert Memorial Scholarship
- Alvarez, SP Alum, Named Recipient of 2015 Fruchter Award
- Ricardo Ainslie Archive Established at the Benson Latin American Collection
- Mitchell—"Dzhokhar Tsarnaev’s Sentencing Isn’t So Black and White"—UT News
- more news
About Our Program
- Accreditation Status
- Program Goals
- Commitment to Diversity
- Required Courses
- Student Admissions, Outcomes & Other Data