The University of Texas at Austin is home to one of the longest continuously APA accredited Counseling Psychology programs in the country. Our scientist-practitioner based program prepares Ph.D. psychologists to work with both specific and general problems of human behavior in the context of a range of social processes and systems. We strive to prepare students for innovative professional and intellectual careers within the fields of social science, human service, or social and community endeavors. We hope reviewing this page gives you a sense of our program strengths, including our commitment to diversity and range of training settings, theoretical perspectives, and research opportunities.Application deadline for Summer/Fall 2016 admission is December 1, 2015.
Interview date is scheduled for February 5, 2016.
Program News & Events
- Educational Psychology Ranked in the Top Ten by US News & World Report
- Cokley on the death of Harris County Deputy Darren Goforth and the Black Lives Movement—Texas Standard
- Cokley Gives Plenary Session on the Myth of Black Anti-Intellectualism at 123rd Annual APA Conference
- Cokley—"Juneteenth a time to reflect on race relations"—MySanAntonio
- McCarthy—"How Job Stress Might Be Killing You, and What You Can Do About It"—U.S. News
- more news
About Our Program
- Accreditation Status
- Program Goals
- Diversity Training
- Practicum Training
- Required Courses
- Student Admissions, Outcomes & Other Data